Monday, February 25, 2013

It's What You Make Of It

The month of February is flying by! On the 20th of each month our Club Stamp Kit ships, so the Up, Up & Away Club Stamp Project has found it way to our member's craftrooms now, already! I mentioned the beginnings of this project just two blog entries ago, when I worked up a prototype, so now it's about what this project grew up to be as The Art On A Sting Club Stamp Project, now available online.


Like many projects, it's what you make of it that makes it your own. This project has many possibilities and I enjoyed whipping up a couple variations :)
First, here I have the handmade box wrapped in the vintage balloon print papers provided in the kit. I finished the box off with Up, Up & Away rubber stamps on a couple nested cardstock panels. It may just look like a box wrapped with pretty paper to you at first, but once again, it's what you make out of this box.....

...the lid of the box holds the surprise here.


Little works of art are suspended from the lid. The printed hot air balloons are included in the kit for trimming out, coloring/altering and attaching, it's art on a string -- inside a box.



 I certainly could have stopped there with using the kit contents only for making the project, but I also wanted to use some of my own papers, metal hardware embellishments and rubber stamps to make a couple different looks from the same kit.


See, a completely different look on the same project.


I used Club Scrap's Serenity and Papillon rubber stamps on this project, the ivory paper I used to wrap this project is the plain side of the Club Scrap Logo Printed Gift Wrap.


This is the fun part, lifting the lid.


Side Note -- Man, it's really hard to hold the project still with my left hand as I try to snap the pic with my right! but you get the idea I'm sure.

I used two threads here to hang my rubber stamped butterfly and quote from the lid, using two threads stops the attached stuff from spinning. However I liked using a single thread per hot air balloon in the previous project because there is nothing to read on the balloons, and they simply look cute when they spin after pulling them out of the box.


Now lastly, for the project I made with photos inside, first about how I decorated the outside. 


The flip side, plain side, of the printed paper included in the kit is rubber stamped here with the Up, Up & Away Unmounted Rubber Stamps. Then I added color with colored pencils, rubbing on ink, spraying mists and applying glitter glue.


Now again, the really fun part of lifting the lid...


....a couple of photos nest inside this one. Basically I choose/created items that are symmetrical in shape, they can be glued back to back to sandwich the thread suspended from the lid.


Once again, heheee, it's really hard to get the hanging part of the project to stay still for photoing while holding it with my left hand and trying to take the photo with my right hand (no time for a tripod today, too many projects to make). It's really good I have long arms, but please excuse my blurry pic above! 


Another version of this project, that I have in mind but haven't gotten the chance to make yet, is simply decorating the outside of the handmade box by mounting photos on the outside. Maybe I'll get that one put together this week :) Looking forward to it.


It's what you make of it that makes a project special to you!
Thinking this project is a perfect example of that for me:)

FREE KIT ALERT!!!

TAKE ADVANTAGE WHILE I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS KIT -
COMMENT ON THIS BLOG AND ON MONDAY, MARCH 4TH, 2013 I'LL RANDOMLY SELECT A WINNER TO SEND THE CLUB SCRAP ART ON A STRING KIT TO!!!! FREE!
I'LL SEND A MESSAGE TO THE WINNER NEXT MONDAY. FUN!!!

Thank you for looking and good luck winning the free Club Stamp Kit!
Kay





14 comments:

  1. I think that this would be a great idea as an after wedding present to each bridesmaid of a wedding. A mini-version of the invitation, a photo of the bride and bridesmaid together, some vintage stamps etc. It would also be a great gift for the mom who has everything! Maybe...if the box was big enough the bottom could have a drawer in it to hold actual 4x6 prints for the mom to share with her friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, I love how you neutralized those papers giving it an even more vintage look. Stunner projects as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As noted at the bottom of this blog - today is the day the winner of a free project kit is chosen - Farley is the lucky random winner today!!! I'm sending Farley a message to make arrangements now.

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is stunning! Not at all what I thought the kit looked like, you have customized it to the project so wonderfully. It's great to see what can be done to differentiate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a beautiful gift for Mothers day with pictures of the children

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this earlier this month…was is a peek or in the Scrap Rap…not sure but I think the box is clever and unique. I hope this will be a Retreat class because it is sure to please everyone and If I make this I will need help! A real winner, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cher, I wish I would have saved it for a retreat class, but usually if we used it as a Club Stamp project one month we don't use the project again as a workshop...but maybe I can work up some different kind of version of it that would be fun, something to thing about for sure. Instructions are included with the kit, so I'm sure you could do it!

      Delete
  6. Kay, I love all your takes on this months kit. Beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful and creative. Very unexpected. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As noted at the bottom of this blog - today is the day the winner of a free project kit is chosen - Farley is the lucky random winner today!!! I'm sending Farley a message to make arrangements now.
    Hope your day continues to be a lucky one!
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what kind of doctor for fatty liver what kind of
    doctor for fatty liver what kind of doctor for fatty liver

    My homepage :: natural remedies for fatty liver disease

    ReplyDelete